Thursday, July 21, 2011

You say Carmageddon I say fleamageddon

Last Sunday, 
when Los Angels people were avoiding the 405 freeway,
  I went to the Long Beach flea market, 
accompanied by three interior designers.

The sun came out with her sister (ha ha ha) as if trying to shop with us; it was hot!

One of the interior designers Adriana, 
who specializes in furniture and architecture history, was the eye opener of the day. 
 She teaches the history of architect and furniture at the Fullerton college.  
Those lucky enough to take her class enjoy concise, 
direct lectures and take away fascinating sidebar information.
 And the other two, just like me, enthusiastic designers who want to shop to get a great deal.
 If you’d like to check my friends’ blogs, try
 designtableau.blogspot.com and rosendoprado.blogspot.com

Any way, we shopped, jewelry,  books,  pictures, and lots of accessories. We saw incredible architectural pieces, bottles and boxes, dolls and old letters, old linens, vintage photos, old furniture, - it was all there to be discovered!

Here are pictures

 

 

























Oh ...We had so much fun searching for treasure together!

Wishing you peace and joy!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful photos! You captured the essence so well. Good work. I'm a huge fan of flea markets myself so I appreciate you sharing this with us. Thanks. -Net

    ReplyDelete