Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quote of the week

 "I'm the oldest antique in town"
Norman Rockwell

Thanks to indianaglass.carnivalheaven.com I know all about my Whitehall Tumbler water pitcher and glasses.

The Fostoria Glass Company manufactured high-quality glass tableware for nearly 100 years. They were founded in 1887 in Fostoria, Ohio.

During the 1970s, when foreign producers began offering all kinds of low cost competing products, the Fostoria company didn’t do well. By 1983 the Lancaster Colony Corporation purchased the Fostoria Company.

It was at this time that Indiana Glass merged with Lancaster. They made the Whitehall pattern from Indiana Glass molds, and renamed the line American Whitehall.

According to my source, Donna Adler, the founder of indianaglass.carnivalheaven.com  
"...the Whitehall pattern is Indiana Glass molds. The American Whitehall pattern was produced after the Fostoria purchase and the American Whitehall pattern was produced using actual Fostoria molds. Thus the name changes to American Whitehall.  So Whitehall was produced from the early 1960's to the early 1980's using Indiana molds. American Whitehall was produced, or I should say reproduced, using the Fostoria American pattern molds...”

So do I really have the Fostoria collection?



well, let's just say...



... not exactly but here it is..



...my beautiful 1975 Whitehall Tumbler American..


...water pitcher with ice lip and the cutest glass (which I have 6 of them)



And now you know all about my Fostoria American:)




Hope your week is productive and relaxing. ...


No comments:

Post a Comment